Friday, June 5, 2020

Taylored Expressions Cards from Dog Lover's Release

Happy Friday, I'm sharing two cards I made using the Taylored Expressions latest release for 2020. This release has a dog them something that appeals to everyone. The release includes stamp sets, coordinating dies and a stencil. The stencil is where I put my focus for these two cards.

This first card I used a texture crackle paste from Ranger through the stencil.  I didn't put it on two thick and then I let  it air dry.  You can't really tell in this photo but the little crackles in the paw prints really add some texture to the card.  Then I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Tim Holtz to add color.  I purposely left some places lighter than others.  Then I die cut the little dogs out of brown card stock.  Finally, I stamped the saying with Black Ranger Archival Ink.  These are strip sentiments and there is a coordinating die as well.  I really like how quick it is to stamp a bunch of sayings and then die cut them. There are a variety of sentiments for different occasions. I layered the card on a patterened paper and then another layer of medium brown before putting it on the dark brown card.  The finished side is 5 1/2 X  5 1/2.  

The second card I used modeling paste in the stencil.  Again, I didn't use too much and I let it air dry.  Then I used Distress Inks in Pickled Raspberry to color the back ground.  I also used Festive Berries along the edges just to give it some depth.  Then I die cut the dogs twice, one in black and one in pink. There is also a die with larger dog breeds, but because I am Mom to a Sassy little Shih-Tzu I was drawn to the smaller breeds.  I layered my pink piece on some patterned paper from JilliBean.  I used foam dots to raise the pink puppies on the first row.  Next I  took one of the sentiments from the Sentiment strip and layered that on a piece of paper that I cut to resemble a pennant.  I think any lady young or old would love to get this card.  

You can find all of the stamps and dies I used here: 


If you have questions just leave me a comment below! I hope you find time to get some ink on your fingers today!  Pamela 

No comments:

Post a Comment