Sunday, June 7, 2020

Distress Crayon Tag

I hope all of you are having a great weekend.  Today I'm sharing a tag I made after watching the Q&A on Distress Crayons with Tim Holtz on 6 June 2020.  I have to admit---I had the crayons but didn't use them very often.  However, after watching this tutorial I'm sure I'll get a lot more use out of them. 

So I started with a tag covered in  Collage medium.  While the tag was still wet I added ephemera from the Idea-ology Field Notes collection and some words from the Big Chat pad from Idea-ology.  I covered those with collage medium as well. I didn't need a thick covering, just enough to keep the edges down.  Then I added crayons to the card in the negative spaces.  I used Distress Crayons in Weathered Wood, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, and Fossilized Amber.  I blended them with my finger until I was happy.  Next, I used the stencil TH143 to add some ink in a couple of places.  I used Worn Lipstick Oxide Ink.  I heat set it to be sure it had set before I moved on..  It is very faint.   Next, using Tim Holtz Stencil TH130 I removed some of the crayon using a damp paper towel.  This stencil resembles splotches...I really like it.  I still felt like I needed something else so I pulled out CMS396 (Field Notes) stamp set from Stamper's Anonymous and added the label and figure numbers with Ranger Black Archival ink.  

I splattered drops using my Ranger Splatter brush and Ground Expresso Spray Stain and dried it with my heat tool.

Finally, I inked the edges with some Black Soot Distress Ink just to finish it off.  I added a piece of velvet ribbon just to dress it up. 

I really enjoyed the tutorial and I look forward to making more projects using my Distress Crayons.  You can view the entire tutorial here: https://tim.holtz.com/blog  look for the Q&A Demo: Distress Crayons. 

I hope you have a chance to get a little ink on your fingers today.  Stay Well!  Pamela 

No comments:

Post a Comment