Sunday, August 2, 2020

3D Poinsettia Embossed Card

Hello, 

I know it is July, but I ordered this embossing folder and when it arrived I couldn't wait to try it.  I tried a few techniques, inking, painting, and finally pan pastels.  I think this is the one I like the best. Here is a brief description of how I created my card.

First, I used Pan Pastels to color my background.  I used a variety of hues in brown, sienna and ochre.  I used red for the flowers.  The one thing I like about using pan pastels is if I get color somewhere I don't want then I can just use an eraser to remove it.  If you haven't tried these I encourage you do to so -  they blend so nicely. 

Next, I used red pan pastels to color the blooms and green for the leaves.  I went over the embossing very lightly with Vintage photo to highlight some of the details.  I tore some pieces of old sheet music and inked them with Vintage Photo Distress ink and glued them using Distress Collage Medium in Vintage.  I used Gathered Twigs and Vintage Photo Distess ink to go around the edges.

On the background,  I used Archival Ink in Sepia to stamp text randomly from the Stamper's Anonymous set Faded type.  This set is great for backgrounds. 

Next I sprayed a piece of sage cardstock with Gathered Twigs distress stain and let it dry. I inked the edges of my base card with Vintage photo and then layered red, the sage cardstock and my embossed image for my card.  Finally I added some Christmas Red and Icicle stickles to the centers of the flowers.  

This card was came together really quick and I like the aged look of it.  I hope you do too. 

I hope you have some time to get ink on your fingers today.

Pamela 


No comments:

Post a Comment