Sunday, August 2, 2020

Photo Play Gnome Cards

Hello, 

Well it continues to be Halloween in July here in my craft room.  Halloween is one of my favorite card making opportunities- I always have a great time. 

For these cards I used the Photo Play Home for the Holidays -Halloween line.  I used the stamps, dies and the papers.  First I stamped the images on white card stock. 

I like Gina K luxury card stock and also StampinUp! smooth white card stock for most of my coloring.  I stamped these with Black Tuxedo Momento Ink.  If you put your images on a stamp platform, like the one from Tim Holtz or the Misti you can get all of the images on one 8.5 X 11 piece of paper four times.  I colored all of the images with Distress Markers in pumice, carved pumpkin, mowed lawn, wilted violet, ground espresso, and black soot. 
I put some Vintage photo and Worn lipstick on my glass mat and added a little water to color the noses and hands of the gnomes.  Then I added some clear Wink of Stella to the beards and pom-poms on the hats. You can't really see it in the photo but in person it really adds something.  

Once I finished coloring all of the gnomes I cut them out using the dies.  These dies are really nice and a good price point. 

The first card is  made using half a piece of 8.5 X 11 cardstock, fold it in half to make a 4.25 X 5 card.  Then I cut a piece of the orange polka dot paper and black paper the same size to fit the front of my card.  Using the circles from Elizabeth Crafts I cut the larger circle from the polka dot paper and then laid it on top of the black so I can center the smaller circle inside and use a little tape to hold it place. The cut the smaller circle from the black cardstock.  Cutting the paper the same size ensures the circles line up nicely.  


 I used Twisted Citron Distress Ink and put some in the center of my card base.  Then I adhered my black and orange polka dot paper to the front.   I stamped the sentiment inside the circle.  I decided my bats needed a little dimension so I used a Sakura Black Jelly roll pen to highlight the wings and the eyes.  I used foam tape to adhere the gnome and bats and added a little glitter tape at the bottom.  If you don't have glitter tape you could always use some double sided tape and put glitter on top and make your own.  I inked the edges of the base card with Black Soot distress ink.  The outside is finished!  

The inside of the card is important as well, so I did a little bit of decorating . This is a great way to use some of scraps left over from the outside.  I had a large piece of the polka dot left so I cut a strip of the polka dot paper.  I layered a piece of black and white cardstock.  I stamped the white with the Happy    Halloween sentiment included in                                                        the stamp set .                                            
         I inked the edges of the white cardstock with Carved Pumpkin                     Distress ink and then I put the small strip of the polka dot paper                   across the bottom. Now the inside of the card looks finished. 

       Because I had so many Gnomes stamped and colored I was able to               create another set of cards using the circles I cut on the first card.  
       This is a great way to make the most of your paper.  

 This card is a 5.5 X 5.5 square card.  I layered the spiderweb paper and the green polka dot paper from the Photo play Gnome line.  These papers coordinate very nicely.  Then I used the leftover circle from the first card.  I layered my Gnome and added the sentiment at the bottom. I added two purple gems on the sides of the greeting.  

The inside of the card was also created using some of the leftovers  I cut small strips of the green bat paper.  Then I found some of the spider webs on the patterned paper and cut them to align with a corner.  I cut a square of orange cardstock and layered the bat paper and the square.  I purposely made this a little asymmetrical.  The spiderweb was placed in the corner.  Then using a Sakura Jelly Roll pen I drew a line down to a spider I punched.  This is an old Marvy punch I've had for years. If you don't have a spider punch you could die cut one, or cut some out of paper or even omit the web and spider.  Then I stamped the word Boo from the set and embossed it black Ranger Embossing powder using Versamark ink.  

These cards came together quickly and were fun to make. They will make some little goblin smile. 

 I hope you find some time to get ink on your fingers today! 

Pamela 

No comments:

Post a Comment