Saturday, August 8, 2020

Sizzix Tim Holtz Colorize "Arthur" Halloween Card

Hello Everybody!

Today I'm sharing a card made using the Sizzix Die #664730 Arthur.  Arthur is a colorize die meaning there are layers to cut from different colors to give the project more dimension.  This die has a lot of pieces, but the outcome is worth it. 

The video really shows you all of the pieces , where they go and how they layer. It is very helpful and short- so you can get right to work on your version of Arthur. 



For this project I used purples from my scrap bin.  I save my scraps and then cut them into sizes, 2X2, 3X3, 3X4, 3X5, 4X4, 4X5 and 6x6.  I keep them by size so when I have small pieces to cut I can go right to that size of paper and see if I have something I can use. I will say if I end up with a larger piece of more expensive paper like glitter, foil or vellum, I just trim those neatly and keep them in a page protector separately.  I'm also a huge fan of the 4X5 pads you can get of solids so you don't have to cut an 8.5X11 or 12X12 piece of paper for something like Arthurs beak. 

I first layered a piece of patterened paper from Abandoned.  This was a Tim Holtz release last year, but it is still available.  Although this was I think originally marketed for Halloween, it really can be use for a lot of projects.  Next, I cut a piece of Worn Wallpaper -Halloween and distressed the edges.  I inked the edges with carved pumpkin distress ink.  Next I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder with Tim Holtz black cardstock and then I sanded it lightly.  I also distressed the edges and tore a corner.  

Once all of the layers were on the card, I used Candy Apple Red distress paint and the Tim Holtz splatter brush to give some color and spookiness to my background.  Now I'm ready to add Arthur.  I did ink the edges of the branches with Black Soot and Gathered Twigs distress ink  I placed that and Arthur on the front of the card.  Next I punched some bats out of the left over from my abandon paper and popped those in the corner.  I added a sticker from the Curiosities sticker pack. 

Halloween is one of my favorite events to make cards for and now Arthur is ready to fly off and wish someone a fun day.  I hope you have time to get some ink on your fingers today.  

Until next time,
Pamela 


No comments:

Post a Comment